I haven’t been tagged in many tags so I’m not sure if I’m even doing this right, so forgive me and fair warning! I was tagged by the lovely Andy over at Andy Winder where he writes excellent LGBTQIA+ book reviews and news. Actually, I think that’s how we met– asking each other about LGBTQIA+ book recommendations 🙂
What’s the Mystery Blogger Award?
“It’s an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.” – Okoto Enigma
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Three things about me
- I am a gym rat. I know, it’s weird. I have turned into someone who enjoys going to the gym. I go 5-6 days a week and I love it (though some days I’d rather be a couch potato and not go). On that same note, I love hiking and going on walks when I can. The California weather is warming up and I can’t wait to go back to walking trails instead of being inside an air-conditioned gym.
- My favorite constellation is Orion. I know it’s weird to have a favorite (except perhaps The Big Dipper or maybe your astrology sign) but I do! I look out for it on clear nights and I think it all stemmed from this episode of Ancient Aliens that said that aliens originate from somewhere near the “belt” of Orion and I thought it was pretty rad. Plus it’s pretty easy to find in the sky.
- I love coffee a whole lot. I have at least 2 cups a day when I can. I love it iced, hot, or blended. I found out recently that the soymilk I used to mix it with broke me out so now I drink it with almond milk (which isn’t as good but what can ya do).
- Paperback, hardcover, or ebook? Why?: I honestly prefer paperbacks first and foremost, and then it’s hardcovers and e-books. This might seem weird because I own most of my books in e-book format but here’s my reasoning: I mostly read books on paperback before anything else. Plus, hardcovers are hard to hold open and my hand hurts from how I hold it after a while. E-books sometimes strain my eyes and it’s not as satisfying as rifling through the pages. Plus it doesn’t have that book smell, either.
- What’s one book that made you laugh and one that made you cry?: I can’t really remember a book that has made me laugh recently. I guess I just don’t really find the material funny enough to make me laugh out loud. A few quips from Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare would be the next best thing. As for crying, it’s been a while since I cried with a book so I can’t answer for that one.
- If you had to describe yourself in three characters, which ones would they be?: Hermione! I think one of the reasons I loved the Harry Potter series so much is I resonated so strongly with Hermione. If there’s a problem, the library is sure to have an answer! I think Elizabeth Bennet would be the next. I’m fast to judge people and sometimes, very rarely, they prove me wrong. Plus, I wouldn’t mind a Darcy in my life. And because I can’t think of the last person off the top of my head, I will go with Mia Thermopolis from The Princess Diaries because this was one of the first book series I fell in love with and everything she felt I felt too (except for the whole hidden princess thing).
- What’s your favorite thing about spring?: What isn’t my favorite? I love that the weather warms up but there’s still those rainy days dispersed throughout the month. I love that flowers start to bloom everywhere and that animals start to come back, like hummingbirds! And as mentioned above, I love going on walks and hiking when it’s not super hot.
- List one thing that’s made you happy that happened this year: Hmmm…. probably going to the library more frequently. I have stacks of books each week, I love discovering what’s new and I have realized how much I miss/love libraries!
Here are my five questions for you, the reader:
- What is your favorite book this year so far?
- What languages can you speak? And which languages do you one day want to learn?
- Have you read any good audiobooks recently? And if you haven’t, what’s on your TBR right now?
- Weird question: If you can only have one candy/chocolate for the rest of your life, which would it be?
- Who are your favorite musical artists?
- Adventures of a Bibliophile @ Adventures of a Bibliophile
- Becky @ Book to the Becky
- Claire @ BooksCoffeeAndRepeat
- Jessica @ AwkwardBookBlogger
- Kayla @ Books & Blends
- Madame Writer @ MadameWriterBlog
- Melanie @ MelToTheAny
- Milliebot @ MillieBotReads
- And whoever else would like to do this tag please do so and tag me so I can read your answers!
And that was it for this tag! Let’s chat in the comments!